Monday, August 17, 2009

Congratulations Nicole and Jon!

First off I'd like to give a great big Congratulations to Nic and Jon who were finally able to get married. They have had about 3 years worth of delays, and had to start their trip on a personal tragedy, but in the end got married on the beach in California. It was a very special day for them and they got married in a fashion that was very personal and individual to them . I hope they have all the happiness they deserve and that they get to start their as Mr. and Mrs. with great luck and love!

I told Nicole that I wanted to make her a small wedding cake as a present to her. So I came up with something simple, but pretty. Nicole is a very down to earth kind of girl and something girly, frilly, or over the top just doesn't fit her style. So I made a marble cake on the bottom layer, and a chocolate cake on the top layer, covered in butter cream. The layers are then covered in white fondant and white gum paste flowers. I wanted the top layer to be pretty much covered and then have the blossoms "spill" down onto the bottom layer. In the end it came out very cute and simple like I had wanted. (but I also learned I really need a cake leveler)

No comments:

Post a Comment