Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Photos of Sample cakes

This was my final cake for my Wilton Class. I'm pretty proud of it, considering this is only the third cake I've ever done. All the flowers are handmade from gum paste and the cake is covered in my homemade butter cream fondant, which tastes good, but was very hard to work with.

This was also made when the humidity at my house was insanely high. I could not get anything to dry. The flowers that were dry had started to re-soften and everything was sagging. Frustrating doesn't even begin to cover it.

But All-in-All, I'm very proud of it, and I learned a lot from it. It has made me search high and low for a better fondant recipe, one that is easier to work with and doesn't have such a shine on it.



This is the second cake I've EVER decorated. It's covered in a home made chocolate fondant, which tastes like tootsie rolls, but again was VERY difficult to work with. The carnations are gumpaste, and the border and curls are fondant as well. This one was done for fun to bring into my friends at work. It's simple but I think pretty.

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my work, I hope you see improvements as my posts progress!

See you soon!
Cake It or Leave It Bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment